- Research & Science
- Future Of Our Fisheries
- Press Releases and Statements
- Latest-News and Updates
- 2018 Submissions
- 2017 Submissions
- Astrolabe Reef Closure
- Bluenose Fish Stocks Management Review
- Coromandel Scallop Fishery
- Crayfish 3 (CRA3) Gisborne
- Crayfish Management 2016
- Deemed Value Rates
- Jack Madckerel 3 Management Review
- John Dory 7 Management Review
- Marine Protected Areas (MPA) Act Consultation
- Maunganui Bay Temporary Closure Application 2016
- Paua 7 South Island
- Seabed Mining Taranaki 2016
- Snapper - 7 - Central
- Southeast Coast MPAs
- Southern Scallops (SCA7) Management 2016 South Island
- Surf Clam 7 South Island
- 2015 Submissions
- 2014 Submissions
Management and policy submissions 2014
by the New Zealand Sport Fishing Council - LEGASEA
All submissions made by the New Zealand Sport Fishing Council - LegaSea have the objective of ensuring that sustainability measures and management controls are designed and implemented to achieve the purpose and principles of the Fisheries Act 1996.
The Minister is obliged to take a precautionary approach when managing fisheries with uncertain, unreliable or inadequate information. This applies to most of the fisheries that we consider important!
Due to the extensive, nationwide interests of our 55 clubs, the Council submits on a range of issues and proposals.
The left drop down summarises submissions made during 2014. Latest documents top the lists.